Sunrise Express was built by matching the right kind of freight to the right kind of driver, transporting it efficiently and bringing the driver safely back home.
From our founding in 1985 with one truck to the more than 200 power units we operate today, Sunrise Express has focused on building long-lasting relationships through superior customer service.
Our first load — a haul of empty Pabst Blue Ribbon beer containers from Grand Island, NE, to Milwaukee, WI — has grown to a list of more than 500 active accounts representing 90 percent repeat business. As a dry van, over-the-road hauler, we ship everything from pet food to people food, retail goods to the latest technology, to all 48 continental states and Canada.
Best drivers make the difference
Sunrise Express maintains its reputation for excellent service by hiring the best drivers and emphasizing efficiency. About 88 percent of our drivers are company employees with the remaining 12 percent made up of owner-operators.
In addition to providing a compensation package that’s competitive with those offered by the largest carriers, we also offer incentives for mileage and efficiency. One of our company strategies is to create triangle routes to avoid or reduce deadhead.
Because contented drivers provide better service, we make a point of getting them home in the shortest time possible.
Best equipment in best condition
In addition to hiring the best drivers, we make sure our customers’ freight is transported by the best fleet possible. We continually upgrade equipment to ensure that none of our approximately 180 company-owned power units is more than a few years old.
Because we operate our own repair shops — two in Grand Island, NE, and one in Twin Falls, ID — we’re able to maintain our equipment in tip-top condition with trained and certified technicians.
Count on us for safety, reliability
At Sunrise Express, we’ve differentiated ourselves not only through superior customer service, well-qualified drivers and well-maintained equipment but also through our commitment to safety.
That commitment has brought numerous awards to our company — including American Trucking Association Safety Awards and a National Fleet Safety Improvement Award — as well as a long list of satisfied customers.
Our strong ties to clients and our reputation for reliable deliveries have made us the leader in the freight hauling industry and the best choice for your shipping needs.