Responsible for performing skilled and specialized mechanic work in the repair, maintenance, and replacement of tires trucks and trailers. Mount and dismount tires; ensure conformance to industry standards; examine and repair tires; and perform preventative maintenance.
Education, Training &, Experience
- 2 plus years experience
- Vocational training
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare tires for installation; mount and dismount tires on rims and vehicles; and fill tires to proper air pressure.
- Inspect and test tires to ensure conformance to standards.
- Examine and probe damaged, defective, or flat tires to determine the extent of damage and the feasibility of repair; and recommend the disposal of non-repairable tires.
- Repair tubeless tires by applying patches, removing nails, installing boots, and other activities.
- Balance wheels and tire assemblies to minimize wear on tires; and rotate wheels at prescribed mileage intervals.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on vehicles tire and related components.
- Operate and maintain hand/power tools, tire balancing equipment, and other specialized automotive tools and machinery.
- Practice safety methods in the operation of equipment and performance of duties.
- Inventory and ensure an adequate supply of tires and related parts; and requisitions/order supplies as necessary.
- Complete work orders to include part usage records, tire weight records, and other data./li>
To apply, please send resume or click here for an application. Mail to:
Sunrise Express, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1420 S. Ada
Grand Island, NE 68803