The Inventory/Parts Specialist is responsible for ensuring the availability of parts for the maintenance department in a cost effective manner while maintaining compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
Education, Training & Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in vehicle parts or equipment supply.
- Minimum of 2 years of Inventory Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- General knowledge of office functions.
- Minimum 1 year heavy-duty truck parts experience
- Minimum of 2 years office experience
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains records on a computerized system and is responsible for the inventory of parts and equipment
- Requires moderate physical exertion and may require lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Establish and control stocking levels for parts and equipment through a computerized inventory system and identify parts to stock.
- Issue necessary replacement parts to mechanics relieving the part from inventory to repair orders
- Maintain records on inventory levels, preventative maintenance schedules, and corrective maintenance performed on units
- Requisition all stock parts for inventory by use of the computerized requisition report to maintain consistent purchasing practices.
- Receive and unpack parts, verify accuracy of shipment from vendor, parts numbers, quantities and pricing.
- Receive, tag, stock, and disburse parts to technicians according to policy and procedure.
- Prepare purchase orders for purchases of parts and equipment.
- Assist in loading and unloading of parts delivery vehicles.
- Prepare and process warranty claims.
- Return parts and cores according to policy and procedure and track credits.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties in the parts room, shop and work area.
- Maintain a professional work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Assist the Service Writer Administrator and assume these duties during his/her absence.
- Maintain current Material Safety Data Sheet log.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency with good data entry skills.
- Self-motivated; capable of working independently
- Ability to routinely lift weights of 35 lbs.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, sitting. lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, and climbing).
- Basic knowledge of vehicle parts, maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Ability to work in an Office and/or maintenance shop environment.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility. Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit an updated resume to Human Resources and complete a job application form (internal form).
To apply, please send resume or click here for an application. Mail to:
Sunrise Express, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1420 S. Ada
Grand Island, NE 68803