Candidates should be an aggressive, highly motivated Freight Broker. Must be dependable and highly energetic with the ability to successfully manage product and service delivery. Good organizational ability is very important.
Education, Training & Experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Freight and logistics industry
- Ability to build good company relationships in an effort to develop contractual agreements
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform freight services according to company and government regulations.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage the schedules.
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Provide special discounts and promotions to customers.
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities.
- Maintain a strong relationship with multiple carriers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes.
Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit an updated resume to Human Resources in Grand Island and complete a job application form (internal form).