The dispatcher is the designated point of contact for drivers and customers. This role is responsible for handling the logistics of freight movement while adhering to the preferences of the customer. We are looking for highly motivated candidates.
- 2+ years experience in transportation preferred
- Ability to multi-task, schedule and coordinate delivery appointments
- Proficiency with computers
- Detail-oriented and concise
- Strong communication and customer service skills
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assign vehicles and drivers according to factors such as length and purpose of trip, freight or time requirements and preference of customer
- Record time of departure, destination, cargo, and expected time of return–written and computer input
- Investigate overdue vehicles
- Direct activities of the drivers by Qualcomm (EOBR), telephone and one-on-one communication
- Confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed, re-routed, or damaged merchandise
- Establish delivery or service routes
- Book freight and possibly conditions of pickups and deliveries
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary
Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit an updated resume to Human Resources and complete a job application form (internal form).