Automotive Body Fabricator
Works on custom vehicles to condition according to customer preferences which may include modifications to increase engine horsepower. Possibility of complete vehicle disassembly, overhaul of component parts, rust repairs, metal or other part fabrication, and refinishing work. May change roof line.
Education, Training & Experience
- Restoration, customization, and/or race car experience
- Fabrication: 2+ years
- Body work: 2+ years
- Experience in mechanical, metal fabrication, paint, bodywork, trimwork, and electrical
- Custom painting: 2+ years
- Comfortable with both foreign and/or domestic cars
- Experience working on show cars or similar types of specialty/high end vehicles
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Use hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment to remove existing parts and replace with new, used, or fabricated parts.
- Fabricate parts for mechanical or auto body
- Rebuild or modify vehicle in part or whole
- Modify engines to increase performance and/or horsepower
Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit an updated resume to Human Resources and complete a job application form (internal form).